- New Date: Thursday, February 13, 2020 – Interested | Attending
- Free event
- Snacks provided
- Enjoy seeing French in action with a play presented by French Immersion students (6:40 PM)
- On-site babysitting available, email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve
- Connect with other French Immersion families in the North Vancouver School District!
7:00 PM: INFO SESSION WITH DR ANNE RIMROTT
During this interactive presentation, Dr. Anne Rimrott, Consultant for Bilingual Families and French immersion parent on the North Shore, will cover topics such as:
- How much French will my child actually learn in the program?
- What about my child’s English?
- How can I support my child if I don’t speak French?
- How do we balance English, French and our home language?
- What are some practical tips and tricks for French immersion families?
- How can we keep up French during the summer?
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Anne Rimrott, Ph.D.
As both a language acquisition expert with a Ph.D. in linguistics and a French immersion parent juggling four languages in her own family, Anne is in a unique position to support families in raising children with two or more languages.