Canadian Parents for French

French Immersion

Cleveland offers an Early French Immersion Program. During the early years (Kindergarten to grade 2), classes are taught entirely in French. In grades 3 to 7, French instruction drops from 80%, with the remaining 20% focused on formal English Language Arts.

Canadian Parents for French (CPF)

Canadian Parents for French is a national network of volunteers with local Chapters across Canada. CPF and the Chapters create and promote opportunities for students to learn and use French in and out of the classroom.

There are over 53,000 French Second Language students in BC and the Yukon, and CPF plays an active role in school districts, offering resources, support, and cultural experiences in and out of the classroom. During the year, your local North Vancouver CPF Chapter brings in “French Survival Night” “French movie night”, “French Film Festival”, etc ; we host Grade 12 leaving ceremonies, and provide scholarships and awards; we support French speaking contests. For the parents, we provide resource material online and in print; our Chapter regularly provides information through social media; and the CPF BC & Yukon Branch sends out Chapter Updates chock-full of amazing information throughout the year. All free to CPF Members!

The North Vancouver Chapter has regular Chapter meetings that all parents are welcome to attend, and we’d love to welcome you. Our next meeting is Thursday October 03 at 7:00 pm at the library of Argyle Secondary School.

At the branch level, CPF BC & Yukon supports all the Chapters with governance and socio-cultural activities, with networking and skill building, and with information and advocacy. The branch also works with partner groups to offer such things as a parent conference, for example, as well as BC Family French Camp, and the Annual Provincial French speaking finals for Concours D’Art Oratoire.

We encourage you to become informed and active in your child’s education, and a fun and effective part of your involvement is becoming involved in Canadian Parents for French! We’d love to have you!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Jessica at cpfnorthvan@gmail.com or visit our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/CPFNorthVancouver/

Membership drive is happening now. Check out the prizes and learn about how CPF support you and your children! Our next meeting is 7pm October 3 @ Argyle Secondary school.

CPF Membership Application

CPF National Membership Benefits

Membership Drive Prizes