KM Club 2019
Kilometre Club (KM Club) is Back!
Who’s ready to run?
Time: 8:15am – 8:40am
When: Every Tuesday and Thursday, May 7 to May 23
Location: Cleveland’s Lower Field
NO SIGN UP, JUST SHOW UP! RAIN OR SHINE. ALL GRADES.
With each kilometre, we’ll track Cleveland’s progress across the country.
Go Team Cleveland!
Who’s up for the challenge? You are!
Be fit! Stay healthy! Get involved! Win prizes!
Earn medals, and ribbons and glory!
Need Volunteers: at 8:10 am at the “Lowers”.
- Set Up and Clean Up – To set up lower running track with cones, chairs for volunteers, etc., and to put away cones and other equipment after kids have headed up to school.
- One Volunteer for Each Grade – To track and record the # popsicles each child has collected at the end of each run.
- Three volunteers – To hand out popsicle sticks to students for each lap.
How KM Club Works:
- Students will run or walk laps (1 lap= 0.33 km) and will be given a popsicle sticks (by a parent volunteer) for each lap covered.
- Once the 15-20 minutes is completed, the kids take their sticks to parent volunteers to tally the laps covered.
- The parent volunteers will mark down number of sticks for each grade.