The Safety Patrol Program provides an important leadership opportunity for students in Grades 5 to 7. The patrollers are in charge of our pedestrian crosswalk in front of Cleveland Elementary both before and after school. We are fortunate so many Cleveland students take pride in patrolling and helping keep others safe!
Fruit and Vegetable Program
Cleveland proudly participates in the BC school Fruit and Vegetable Nutritional Program.
If you have any questions or would like to help with this program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do NOT want your child to participate in this program or if you need to alert us about certain food allergies, please fill out and drop this form into the CPAC mailbox in the office:
CPAC and the school have worked very hard to be equipped in the event of an emergency. The Emergency Preparedness Committee ensures classroom supplies and the Emergency Bin the Lowers are well stocked. As well, the Committee continues to monitor these necessities and keep up to date on Emergency Preparedness information.
Important links for Cleveland families:
WHEN: Every Tuesday and Thursdays May 15th to May 31st
TIME: 8:15am – 8:40am
LOCATION: Cleveland’s Lower Field
NO SIGN UP, JUST SHOW UP! RAIN OR SHINE. ALL GRADES
With each kilometre, we’ll track Cleveland’s progress across the country.
Parents, Sign up to volunteer: Sign up sheet
Need Volunteers: at 8:10 am at the “Lowers”.
Tracking: With each kilometre, we’ll track Cleveland’s progress across the country.
Need Parent Volunteers:
- One Volunteer for Each Grade – To track the kilometres covered by the students and awarding prizes, ribbons and medals based on their participation and the distance they have covered.
- Three volunteers – To hand out popsicle sticks to students for each lap.
How Tracking Works:
- Students will run or walk laps (1 lap= 0.33 km) and will be given a popsicle sticks (by a parent volunteer) for each lap covered.
- Once the 15-20 minutes is completed, the kids take their sticks to parent volunteers to tally the laps covered.
- The parent volunteers will mark down number of sticks for each grade.
Help us support our school’s outdoor & environmental activities. We’re looking for a variety of volunteers with the following skills/interests:
- Landscape design to develop ideas and a plan for our beloved courtyard
- Carpentry/woodworking to help build new outdoor learning spaces
- Willingness to lead our school’s “Planet Protector” club, to support kid-driven ideas over occasional lunch hours
- Help develop our “Earth Month” activities (April), including perhaps a 2nd annual Planet Protectors Day
- Help lead kids on our annual invasive plant pull aka, “Free the Trees” (March)
If any of these rewarding roles entice you, please contact email@example.com.
IT TAKES A VILLAGE to keep Cleveland School Zones Safe! We desperately need more parent volunteers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can lend a hand.
One shift only takes 20 minutes of your day and makes a huge difference. Christian, our Safety Patrol Coordinator, is away for a good chunk of January. If we do not get more parent volunteers we will most likely need to cancel some safety patrol shifts.
And, we just wanted to send a few friendly New Year’s reminders to all parents and caregivers who drive their children to school: